[Dojo-interest] dijit.tree - any alternatives?

Ian Briscoe ijbriscoe at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 6 15:24:39 EDT 2010

Hi Simon,

I'll give this a go when I get back on my project.  However, there are other
issues, such as how to customize the query string of a request made by the
JsonRestStore - see earlier posts in thread.  I issue an xhrDelete in order
to do what I need, and that leaves me with a big store update problem in
order to refresh the part of the tree affected by the delete.

All told, there are enough issues, and I've spent enough time, to figure
that even if it takes me 2 weeks, I'll have less grief if I write my own
custom solution.   It really goes against my better nature, but sometimes
you have to cut your losses.

In any case, I figure it'll be fun to learn how to write Dijits from scratch
:-)  and I'll end up with something that does *exactly* what I need it to
do, rather than forcing the existing dijits to behave how I'd like them to,
which I suspect in this case to be impossible.

Cheers,

Ian.