[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.9 Proposal

Kitson Kelly me at kitsonkelly.com
Thu Oct 18 12:54:09 EDT 2012

On 18 October 2012 16:33, Kenneth G. Franqueiro <kgf at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> I don't have time to look at this right now, but very quick points:
>
> * I don't think this belongs as part of dojo/store.  It seems like
> something that should be in its own package (like dojox/storage was).
>
> I mean, heck, should I have just made dojo-smore on a dojo fork then
> too?  It's primarily stores that people keep asking for. :P

Obviously, it can be put anywhere when done, the beauty of AMD.  We said no
new packages for DojoX in 1.9, so that is what led me to starting in the
most logical place, for a POC.  Dylan was the one who suggested he wanted
it in 1.9, I simply raised my hand to say I had the time and inclination.
 If it ends up being a separate package, folded into smore, or whatever
does not matter to me one iota.

> * It's IndexedDB, not IndexDB.  Figured you might want to get that
> ironed out before you potentially start naming things after it :)

Yes, already caught that.  Again, the beauty of AMD it was an easy mistake
to correct.