[dojo-contributors] Releases notes

Christophe Jolif cjolif at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:06:22 EDT 2012

Pierre-Emmanuel,

You are right, we not have minor releases release notes. What we have is:

- trac report for 1.8.1:
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=1.8.1

- sometimes we update major releases release notes to note things like:
"adding IE whatever version support in 1.X.Y"

However I agree it would be even better to get release notes for each
release, not just major ones.

--
Christophe

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Pierre-Emmanuel Manteau - DoYouSoft <
pemanteau at doyousoft.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Some people asked in the irc channel where were the release notes for
> 1.8.1 and I did not know where to find them... (maybe I should know
> though?)
>
> I thought it would be really nice to have a plain old text file in here
> : http://download.dojotoolkit.org/release-1.8.1/
> Or at least in the archives (tar, zip, and folder) listing :
>
>   - the fixes : #bugid - url to trac
>   - the removals
>   - the additions
>
> this file could either be release centered or an append of previous and
> latest release notes
>
> I really hope we can have something like that one day, it's always
> useful to know what happened in latest release :)
> Would save a lot of stress with "Ok, no idea what changed, let's just
> replace the dojo version in my app, run F5, and see where it breaks" :)
>
> Yours,
> PEM-

Christophe