[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.9 Release Planning

Christophe Jolif cjolif at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 10:02:02 EDT 2012

Kitson,

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:42 PM, Christophe Jolif <cjolif at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks a lot. I will do a pass. End of next week, early the week after
> seems a reasonable timeline to finish this.

This is mostly done. Might need some minor adjustments but this is 99%
final.

Please note that I misused a bit your status keywords. I have marked as
"Confirmed" what we think is the most important & containable for this
release with the current planning (feature freeze March 21) and "Candidate"
what is less important and we might sneak in if we are in luck (other stuff
takes less time than expected, we miraculously get more people
involved...). See it as "high" vs "medium" priorities. Feel free to change
that if you want but I need a way to know what's high vs medium.

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) Wednesday is my birthday and it looks like
I might spend my evening somewhere else than in front on my computer. My
feeling is that the current timeline / feature set is good. I like to see
stability in core before going into 2.0 and less mature modules like dojox
ones still evolving (without creating new ones) because they can't wait 2.0
to fill gaps. In summary I'm all for starting on this now while we are
sorting out the 2.0 specifics in parallel. Delaying too much this would be
bad (because it would start bumping into 2.0 schedule), releasing it
significantly earlier would be bad as well because not allowing to put
significant dojox contents in.

If there are questions / remarks I'm happy to discuss that this week on the
mailing list as I won't be at the meeting. Otherwise I do plan to attend
the week after (24) but that might a bit late to discuss that (deadline for
plan approval in Oct 26 in your document).

Also some other people involved in this planning our side like Ed, Patrick
and maybe Eric will be at meeting this week.

Thanks,
--
Christophe