Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:28:45 EDT 2012

I'd like to stop this "line of inquiry" right here, if I may; I think,
Sasha, that you misinterpreted many statements.  When I said "simplify", I
was not talking about destroying any kind of quality or power for the sake
of simplicity; I am talking about simplifying our code base due to things
such as upgrading to ES5 (which will open up a few options for us),
removing cruft due to workarounds for IE, the availability of QSA,
streamlining, and more.  All of these things lead to the possibility that
we might make our code easier to use in the process.

I was definitely *not* suggesting "jQuery-ifying" the Dojo Toolkit.

I find your arguments seem to contain some prejudices, and that is what set
me off.

Now, can we get back to a real raison d'etre?

Tom