Sasha Firsov suns at firsov.net
Thu Oct 11 22:11:47 EDT 2012

Your reply looks to me as agreement despite of opposite statement in
front :)

On 2012/10/11 5:33 PM, Rawld Gill wrote:

> I strongly disagree. Our collective language on this thread is weak,
> but, in the language we are using, I think "simple principles" are a
> proper subset of "enterprise principles"...at least significantly so.
>
> Maybe we can ignore this disagreement though and agree on this:
>
> *The API for simple principles will be optimized [1] so long as that
> optimization does not result in a significant cost to enterprise
> principles.*

100% agreed.

Still, want to point that extreme oversimplification has a perfect sense
and value for UI developers. JQ is a perfect sample of such approach.
I found that many had in mind at least competitive level of
simplification, which was in doubt.

> But most of "simple" principles do not fit "enterprise" and vise versa.

-s