Rawld Gill rgill at altoviso.com
Thu Oct 11 20:33:02 EDT 2012

I strongly disagree. Our collective language on this thread is weak, but, in the language we are using, I think "simple principles" are a proper subset of "enterprise principles"...at least significantly so.

Maybe we can ignore this disagreement though and agree on this:

The API for simple principles will be optimized [1] so long as that optimization does not result in a significant cost to enterprise principles.

--Rawld

1.      The canonical measurements of computer language optimization are orthogonality, generality, parsimony, completeness, similarity, extensibility, openness. (An API is a language.)

From: Sasha Firsov

But most of "simple" principles do not fit "enterprise" and vise versa.