Dylan Schiemann dylan at dojotoolkit.org
Thu Oct 11 15:44:03 EDT 2012

It's the wrong argument, which is why there's not much of a disconnect.

Colin's point is that we should be focusing on the features that matter
for building robust apps. As Bryan's example just showed, Dojo works
well as a replacement for jQuery if you get what he just wrote, and it
won't if you don't, so the challenge is marketing rather than technical,
so why conflate and confuse the two.

Look at YUI, their marketing around what YUI 3 would become sounded a
lot like jQuery with some sprinkling of Dojo, rather than focusing on
what makes their toolkit amazing. I don't see the point in going that
route. We need to be thinking bigger, about what the apps of the feature
need from a toolkit, and what our role is in that ecosystem, rather than
worrying about the past.

Regards,
- -Dylan