Kitson Kelly me at kitsonkelly.com
Thu Oct 11 14:38:57 EDT 2012

On 11 October 2012 19:26, Sasha Firsov <suns at firsov.net> wrote:

> > Dojo Toolkit is *not* just for enterprise-level apps.
> It is. The message should be:
> DTK is for the enterprise-level apps. If you treat your page as such, even
> simple one will benefit of using DTK .

Even though I have been on the "enterprise app" bandwagon, I think you are
wrong and Tom is right.  It isn't and won't be just for enterprise apps,
even if that is what the focus of DTK 2.0 becomes.

Even Dojo 1.X isn't just for enterprise apps.  The loader stands on its
own, a loader has nothing to do with enterprise apps, Deferred and Promises
is not just for enterprise apps, they are actually very useful tools fo
asynchronous programming in JavaScript.  dojox/gfx isn't just
for enterprise apps, it is a cross-browser graphics API which can benefit
any things that needs it.

My homepage, which is Dojo both client and server-side is not an enterprise
app.  It is a "brochure site".  Doesn't mean Dojo isn't for it.