Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 13:48:37 EDT 2012

I'm *really* not sure what you're trying to say, so let me make it clear
where I'm coming from.

Your application is a house.  You build that house on top of a strong
foundation.  In terms of using the Dojo Toolkit, that foundation would be
the Nano/Core.

If you're going enterprise, you're probably using Dijit and/or something
like dojox/mvc to build the walls, the roof, and to a lesser extent the
decor inside and out.  BUT all of that is still built on the foundation
that is Nano/Core.

What I am saying (and this is an old argument, btw) is that YOU DON'T NEED
TO USE DIJIT and/or something like dojo/mvc to build your walls.  All the
tools to do that are right there in Nano/Core.  If I didn't need to build a
house but maybe a lean-to, Core is more than enough to handle that.

And if you think for a minute that the guy who came up with one of the
original loaders AND the concept of JS objects as namespaces would do
something as stupid as try to pull a single jQuery-like $, you're daft.

-- Tom