Ken Benjamin kenbenjamin at kenbenjamin.net
Thu Oct 11 12:45:00 EDT 2012

100% agree.

I think there is little risk of us spending too much time focused on the
"little guys." ;)

Tom's answer seems about the level of development effort I would have in
mind, the rest would be marketing and tutorials:

"I think we need to go through the current core, pull out all of the
cruft, and simplify some basic APIs by making them consistent and
ridiculously easy to use.  This is the reason I'm pushing for replacing
our DOM creation/manipulation API with put-selector; I'd also like to
consider the idea of attaching .byId right to dojo/query, so that we don't
need dojo/dom.  From there, we could create something similar to
put-selector for style manipulation, and possibly measurement things (aka
position/coords/whatever the flavor is)."

Add the ES5 shim idea and I think we're hitting the mark.