Rawld Gill rgill at altoviso.com
Wed Oct 10 20:33:25 EDT 2012

We had a discussion today at the meeting about this.

Some advocated that Dojo 2.0 should be equally focused throughout the abstraction spectrum--from boring low-level APIs to awesome high-level APIs. (+1 from me).
The other viewpoint was that Dojo 2.0 should concentrate on the higher abstractions.

Some seemed to believe that making the lower-level APIs easy-to-use would imply a penalty on the high-level APIs and the toolkit as a whole.
Others, find this argument invalid. (+1)

Everybody seemed to agree that *every* API needs to be examined and tuned carefully going forward with Dojo 2.0. (+1) This statement has big implications.
Iiuc, there were a few that said we don't have the resources to worry that the low-level stuff is awesome.

Some argued that Dojo 2.0 should compete with any library that claims to solve the same problem as some part of Dojo. (+1)

Lastly, I argued in particular that there is no reason we can't compete with and win against JQuery...or any of the micro libs. I argued that, on some level, this is a business and we must be concerned about/grow market share.

For those who were there...correct anything I summarized wrong. Others...these are important questions that we can't revisit again for a long, long time. If you have something to say, now is the time.

--Rawld