Rawld Gill rgill at altoviso.com
Tue Oct 9 10:33:31 EDT 2012

Bill's answer is a great example of why this is an important question. Assume his answer is adopted. Then that means our users are builders of enterprise level applications (a highly skilled group) and Dojo is mainly used to build big applications. That would certainly affect what we build and how we build it.

I'm not saying Bill's (or anybody's) answer is wrong. Only that whatever answer we decide on informs

*        what we build

*        how we build it

*        our market and how we market it

It also gives the community and project BDFLs a foundation to adjudicate disagreements.

So...come on all you guys sitting on the sideline...this is your chance to get an entry into Wikipedia...tell us what you think is the foundational purpose of Dojo 2.0!

--Rawld

From: Bill Keese

I'm not one for warm and fuzzy conversations,

[snip]

I'd say that for both 1.x and 2.0, the purpose is to support enterprise level applications with a consistent and cross-browser API.