Kitson Kelly me at kitsonkelly.com
Mon Oct 8 04:48:44 EDT 2012

On 8 October 2012 09:24, Bill Keese <bill at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> Also, I wasn't expecting us to drop support for IE8, although I'd be fine
> with telling users they need to load es5-shim (from Kris Kowal) onto their
> pages before loading dojo.

I thought there was some discussion at some point about approach Kris about
the toolkit leveraging it directly.  I suspect that what you might mean, in
that it would be challenging to say "if you want to support"

Also, as a side note, because continuing to support IE8 isn't only shimming
ES5, but also potentially filling the gap of lack of CSS3 support. I have
been playing with Stylus <http://learnboost.github.com/stylus/> and
Nib<http://visionmedia.github.com/nib/>recently.  I have been
impressed at how well Stylus works.  While I am not
totally familiar with LESS, I am amazed at how easy Stylus makes in
managing CSS.  Also how Nib degrades CSS3 and even can generate static
gradient images for browsers that don't support it.  IMO it certainly
warrants further consideration for Dojo and Dijit 2.