[dojo-contributors] Dojo 1.9 Release Planning

Bill Keese bill at dojotoolkit.org
Sun Oct 7 17:44:50 EDT 2012

I've got some projects I plan to work on in the 1.9 timeframe, but nothing
that should gate the release, and nothing that I'm promising.   Off the top
of my head:

   - Robot - Try to rewrite robot code to use WebDriver, or at least event
   listening, so that the dijit tests can run in a reasonable amount of time
   like 10 minutes, instead of an hour.
   - Documentation - Continued work with API doc viewer and maybe reference
   doc, and crossover between them.
   - Themes - Refactor the themes to a common set of files (based on claro
   files), but different variables.less files, or whatever the CSS
   preprocessor of the week is.  The real goal is to make writing custom
   themes easy, not anything to do with tundra, soria, or nihilo.
   - 2.0 Preparation Work - Ranging from simple things like AMD conversion
   to more complex things like refactoring old code to use modern API's.
   Will put appropriate changes into 1.x SVN, and disruptive changes into
   github.
   - IE10 support

The list tends to change week by week which is why I'm not a fan of
scheduling documents, but I thought I should at least respond to Kitson's
mail.