Tom Trenka ttrenka at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 13:28:56 EDT 2012

> I'm also not sure whether it's intended to replace all of the APIs you
> mention... I see it as a shortcut for domConstruct.create basically, but
> I'd sooner argue that domConstruct.create ends up with far more readable
> (though obviously longer) code.

I see it as replacing create/manipulation code, but I don't see it
replacing things like measuring code (like position/coords).  And I get
that it can lead to difficult to read code; mostly I'm looking at it for
ease-of-use and for performance reasons.  What I do like about it is that
the syntax is primarily CSS3 syntax, and that leads to some great
consistency (particularly in view of things like dojo/query).

Anyway, I think the point of this discussion was not to digress into
> feature lists.  I am still thinking about my answer, and that sorta
> depends on which interpretation of the question was intended.

Yeah, sorry.  What I was trying to do was put out a list of requirements as
a reason for Dojo 2.0.  Unfortunately that gets into features =(, but I
think that at least saying "this is where we should be going" is a good way
of justifying the need for 2.0.

-- Tom