Kitson Kelly me at kitsonkelly.com
Thu Oct 4 08:55:35 EDT 2012

Well, I took it as *raison d'être*, purpose for being.  Just because it
is similar to the purpose for Dojo 1.X in my mind doesn't negate that.  If
we are trying to answer what is different in Dojo 2, then I think we would
quickly degrade into features discussion.  The "why" is far more banal of a
"in order to continue to be relevant, we have to break
backwards compatibility, which we won't do for 1.X".  That as a *raison
d'être* is pretty poor IMO.