Rawld Gill rgill at altoviso.com
Wed Oct 3 19:54:12 EDT 2012

As we being moving forward with 2.0, it seems this foundational question is important to answer: what is the raison d'etre for dojo 2.0?

Everybody should try to answer. This includes current contribs as well as  past contribs that have moved on.

Answers can't be feature lists. Pretend you are justifying this project to somebody who is going to pay for it. After all, that's exactly what is happening: we are all donating the most valuable thing we have-our time. As such, we all ought to ask ourselves, "is this something I want to do?"

Answers should be a least a sentence, but not more than a paragraph. We can have long debates if necessary after we throw the gas on the fire.

Warning: this is not a simple question. If we get it wrong, at best Dojo will be also-ran.

Best,
Rawld