[dojo-contributors] Tentative agenda for today meeting

Ben Hockey neonstalwart at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 11:11:36 EDT 2012

On Oct 3, 2012, at 9:59 AM, Richard Backhouse wrote:

> If that's the case then what is the harm with adding a module id to the define call :
>
> (typeof define === "undefined" ? function(id, deps, def) { def(); } : define)("dojox/mobile/deviceTheme", [
> "dojo/_base/config",
> "dojo/_base/lang",
> "dojo/_base/window",
> "require"
> ], function(config, lang, win, require){
>
> I know it's not recommended to hard code ids but I think this can be considered a special case, especially as loading via AMD is discouraged. This is the patch we use to get it loading in Maqetta with Zazl

i don't think we should add a module id but  what's prompted my reply is that i'm really curious why the static analysis works with a module id but it doesn't work without one.  it sounds like it works for all the other modules without a module id so why does the static analysis need one for this module?  why can't the static analysis be fixed to work without the id when it seems it works for all the other modules without ids?

ben...