[Dojo-interest] DGrid DnD editor unable to gain focus from mouse pointer

Kenneth G. Franqueiro kgf at dojotoolkit.org
Thu Feb 4 09:38:35 EST 2016

This is probably unfortunately due to dojo/dnd's overzealous tendency to
eat events (i.e. call stopPropagation and preventDefault).  I suspect
it's not an issue with CheckBox widgets because it doesn't rely on
native browser click behavior and instead has code to handle it itself,
which would run before dojo/dnd even gets ahold of the event.

I suspect there are 2 approaches to resolve this:

1. Add listeners to every TextBox to call stopPropagation so that the
event never gets to dojo/dnd
2. Use dojo/dnd's withHandles feature by adding withHandles: true to
dndParams in the options you pass to the dgrid constructor, then add the
dojoDndHandle class somewhere unobtrusive in each row (for example, you
could add className: 'dojoDndHandle' to the id column's definition to
make items draggable only by cells in that column)

In a perfect world, dojo/dnd wouldn't eat events to begin with and there
would be no problem; I'm not sure if there's a historical reason why it
does.

--Ken