[Dojo-interest] Issue with dnd in a Dijit Tree

Paul D. Fernhout pdfernhout at kurtz-fernhout.com
Tue May 5 14:39:47 EDT 2015

Harry-

Try this version of your JSFiddle which should update on a drag-and-drop:
http://jsfiddle.net/pdfernhout/yo35y1rz/1/

I modified it based on consulting the code for this demo:
https://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.10/store_driven_tree/demo/demo.html

I used Observable to wrap the Memory store. I also used "aspect" to
handle the put function as suggested here:
https://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.10/store_driven_tree/

I also first made it just one tree with a hidden root because I was
concerned about this, but I did not actually try it with the two trees:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7032667/dijit-tree-dnd-from-tree-to-tree-child-nodes-dont-get-created-in-target-tree

I'm not sure if all of those three things are required though. It was a
few iterations to get it to work. I think the Observable wrapping is
probably needed at the very least to get the GUI updating for the drop.
And probably the aspect wrapping.

So, you might be able to use some of that to get your original with two
separate trees to work. Let me know if it works with two seperate trees
despite the StackOverflow report.

--Paul Fernhout