[Dojo-interest] Question about setting up my own DOJO CDN.

Dylan Schiemann dylan at dojotoolkit.org
Fri Jun 27 00:42:55 EDT 2014

Generally the difference between a CDN and a web server is that a CDN is
"a large distributed system of servers deployed in multiple data centers
across the Internet. The goal of a CDN is to serve content to end-users
with high availability and high performance."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Content_delivery_network

In terms of how to setup your own approach for hosting Dojo, we do the
following on the Dojo site:

/js/dojo/<version>/dojo/
/js/dojo/<version>/dijit/
/js/dojo/<version>/dojox/
/js/<extension>/<version>/

In general, for our own app development, we prefer something like:

/js/<version>/dojo/
/js/<version>/dijit/
/js/<version>/dojox/
/js/<version>/<extension>/

The reason we don't follow that for the Dojo web site is that we often
have extensions where multiple versions of it work with multiple
versions of Dojo, etc.

Regards,
-Dylan