[Dojo-interest] cross linking from Dojo-Reference-Guide and API viewer and vice versa.

lbod bod.zak at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:57:10 EDT 2014

lbod
Kitson mentioned the RPC service of the old API viewer, that doesn't exist
in the new viewer and I think it was broken in the old viewer too. However
there were only a couple of links from the ref-guide to the API viewer.

The API viewer links to the ref-guide in a fairly rudimentary way, the same
as the old PHP viewer did. It basically searches for existing ref-guide
files on the local file system, if it exists it creates a link to the
ref-guide.
It's not great as there's a strict dependency between the 2 at build time
but it works, I know the DTK community would appreciate any pull requests so
if you have time you could look at
http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.9/developer/metadoc.html for
instructions how to setup the ref-guide locally and implement the
functionality?