[Dojo-interest] Importing dgrid/ColumnSet causes data-dojo-id to fail

Phil Lep rtropper at n-able.com
Wed Jun 18 16:17:52 EDT 2014

This is too weird, so I have to ask if anyone as any idea where I should even
begin to look...

My JSP is inside a dijit/layout/ContentPane and has a bunch of
data-dojo-id="specifiedWidgetObj.somePropertyId" (e.g. BorderContainer). The
widget specifiedWidgetObj has a startup method in it that (for the sake of
debugging) contains nothing but a "debugger;" so I can inspect in the
object's properties in Firebug or Chrome developper tools.

The widget imports a bunch of dojo, dijit, dGrid extensions and custom
files. As long as I don't import dgrid/ColumnSet, at the debugger on
startup, all the data-dojo-id properties are correctly instantiated. As soon
as i do import it (regardless of how many other files I include or omit),
the data-dojo-id properties do not instantaiate it on page load, but they
will instantiate if I reload the ContentPane by clicking on a link outside
it.

Any clues on where to begin looking for a reason for this?
Thanks!