[Dojo-interest] Take all of dojo and dijit out of a build layer

Ken Benjamin kenbenjamin at kenbenjamin.net
Sat Jun 14 14:17:29 EDT 2014

Fred,

I'm pretty sure you're going to have to explicitly exclude every dojo and
dijit module from your myapp/app layer to get the effect you're after.

Is there some reason you want to build that way that you wish to share?
Maybe there's a better way to approach the problem.

In general, the idea is that you build all the parts, including the dojo and
dijit dependencies, you need for a given section of your app together in a
single layer for more efficient loading.

Ken B.

fredfortier wrote
> I am interested in building my app with two distinct layers.
>
> Specifically, I want to isolate all modules in the dojo and dijit packages
> in one layer.
>
> Here is what I have so far:
> layers: {
>             "myapp/deps": {
>                 include: ["dojo/dojo", "dijit/dijit"]
>             },
>             "myapp/app": {
>                 include: [ "myapp/main", "dgrid/OnDemandGrid" ],
>                 exclude: [ "myapp/deps" ]
>             }
>         }
>
> This still includes things like "dijit/Dialog" in my "myapp/app" layer. I
> suppose that I could include every single module of dojo and dijit that I
> am using by hand in my "myapp/deps" array. But is there a syntax that
> allows the equivalent of this: ["dojo/*", "dijit/*"]?

-----
Kenneth Benjamin
Web Application Architect for Hire