[Dojo-interest] What does the second argument to forEach do?

Dylan Schiemann dylan at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Jan 29 09:01:45 EST 2014

It's the equivalent of doing a lang.hitch call to preserve the context
on which the callback object is executed.

So you could do:

queryResult.forEach(callback, context);

which is the same as

queryResult.forEach(lang.hitch(context, callback));

which is roughly the same as

queryResult.forEach(function(node){
	context.callback(node);
});

Most modern usage of Dojo APIs will use one of the latter two options,
as we have tried to move away from having APIs that build in their own
context parameter (for example, you will not see this option with
dojo/on, instead you should just use lang.hitch as needed).

Regards,
-Dylan