[Dojo-interest] How to get a reference back to a Dojo application?

Shane Green shane.green at me.com
Wed Jan 22 19:40:49 EST 2014

How about watching the child for click events from the parent window and handling the events there?  That way the child can remain ignorant of the parent’s content throughout its whole lifecycle.  The child could generate events or provide extension points to make “watching it” for events very easy. This may also circumvent security issues within the browser but I’m not sure.

Sent with Mail Pilot

On Jan 22, 2014, 3:52:27 PM, karozans <karozans1980 at gmail.com> wrote: Hi all. Sorry if this is long winded, but I am not sure how to do this. Let
me start by explaining what my current site is now.

I have 2 pages. *index.jsp* and *reports.jsp*.

On *index.jsp* I have a single dojo require. This application gets a very
large JSON object from an AJAX server call and builds a gridx table with the
data. Also on this page is a simple link that opens *reports.jsp* in a new
tab/window.

*index.jsp*

On *reports.jsp* I use *opener* to get a reference to the JSON object that
was loaded in *index.jsp* so that I can build some graphical data with the
same JSON object so that I don't have to get the data twice (it takes a long
time to get the data).

All of that works fine.

Now here is what I want to do with the graphs.

When a user clicks on one of the pie chart slices, I would like to take them
back to the *index.jsp* page. Based upon which pie slice the user clicked
on, I would like to filter the gridx table by that parameter.

I already have the onclick functionality of the pie slices able to do an
alert("Hello"), but I am not sure how to grab a reference to the application
on *index.jsp* so that I can call the gridx setFilter().

Here is the code I have for the pie chart.

*reports.jsp*

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks

Dojo-interest at mail.dojotoolkit.org