[Dojo-interest] Including AMD jQuery (and plugins) in a Dojo custom build

inghamc chris.ingham at live.com
Mon Apr 8 16:13:48 EDT 2013

Getting in deeper...I've tried to stage a 'jquery' module for my custom Dojo
build:
I created a package.json, modified from  jQuery's on Github
<https://github.com/jquery/jquery/blob/master/package.json>   by changing
the version number to match my own (1.9.1), and adding "dojoBuild":
"jquery.profile.js"
In jquery.profile.js I configure copyOnly to return true for jquery.min.js
and amd to return true for jquery.js
The Dojo build warnings from my original post (202, 206, 209) go away, but
now I get:
error(307) Failed to evaluate module tagged as pure AMD (fell back to
processing with regular expressions).        module: jquery/jquery; error:
ReferenceError: window is not defined
Looking at jquery.js (again, version 1.9.1), it certainly references window,
and I also see that it creates the globals window.jQuery and window.$
regardless of whether it calls define based on define.amd.jQuery being
truthy.
I'm getting somewhat confused and discouraged at this point.  It appears
that jQuery is AMD-ish but not enough to satisfy Dojo's build scripts.  I
really want to limit the amount of &lt;script&gt; logic in my HTML but am
stuck in a chicken/egg loop trying to move my jQuery code into a (Dojo) AMD
module.
Any help/expertise at this point would be greatly appreciated.