[Dojo-interest] Putting a Dgrid inside a TabContainer

Kenneth G. Franqueiro kgf at dojotoolkit.org
Tue May 29 20:01:19 EDT 2012

Try also mixing in the DijitRegistry extension into your grid
constructor (right now I only see you mixing ColumnHider into
OnDemandGrid).  That extension will register dgrid instances with the
dijit registry - which will effectively cause them to be detected as
children according to dijit/_WidgetBase's getChildren implementation.

Also, a couple of other pointers:

* start your page with a doctype declaration, for example HTML5's
<!DOCTYPE html> - without a doctype, you're throwing browsers into
quirks mode, which will be especially painful in the case of IE, since
it basically throws you back to the stone age of 5.5.

* If you're going to rely on xstyle, you can pass it package-relative
paths to shorten your code a bit and make it more maintainable, e.g.
instead of "xstyle/css!/js/dojo/...", simply "xstyle/css!dojo/..."

* dgrid will already load dgrid/css/dgrid.css via xstyle if it needs to.
 However, you could potentially opt for using link tags and loading
these stylesheets up front yourself instead, for performance reasons.

--Ken