[Dojo-interest] Is domNode available only after startup()?

John Smith js at mobily1.com
Sat May 5 01:39:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

In the tutorial "Layout with Dijit"
http://dojotoolkit.org/documentation/tutorials/1.7/dijit_layout/ I read:

* A widget's domNode can't be guaranteed to be in the DOM until startup
happens

But... even by looking at _WidgetBase's sources, I can see that domNode is
assigned in buildRendering...:

----------------
 buildRendering: function(){

 if(!this.domNode){
      // Create root node if it wasn't created by _Templated
      this.domNode = this.srcNodeRef || domConstruct.create('div');
    }

The tutorial however talks about containers, panes... am I missing
something? Or is the tutorial incorrect?

Bye,

John.

-----
Yes, I am "the" John Smith