[Dojo-interest] How to create smallest possible dojo build?

Arech arech at km.ru
Fri Dec 2 06:00:46 EST 2011

Hi!

I had been using Dojo starting from v1.1 and like it very much, but at some
point about v1.4 I had to stop to use it due to my client's complaints on
its size and speed.
Now when v1.7 released, it's stated by release PR, that it is possible to
make Dojo's core to be smaller than 4Kb (gzipped). That's nice, but how to
achieve it? I've read all related tutorials on the site, but they are all
about v1.6 and knows nothing about "Dojo nano". Then, I've tried to do a
custom build, but the result had the same size, as script on /download page,
- 117kb or about 34kb gzipped, - and that's completely unacceptable (I even
started to wonder, if they included famous JavaScript x86 emulator in the
core...).

So, the question is, how to create the smallest possible dojo build? How to
make that "dojo nano 4kb gzipped"?

Thanks