[Dojo-interest] Change CSS class Attributes Dynamically

elfwyn stefan at teamfassel.de
Thu Aug 25 04:13:20 EDT 2011

I don't know if I understood the whole problem here.

Your users are styling your web application through a CMS.
If you are using a CMS like Typo3 or Yoomla for example CSS Styles are not
created or modified
dynamically at runtime with Javascript/Dojo.

CSS Style files can be altered directly by CMS users. Alternatively you
could extend the CMS to allow editing of specific CSS attributes. This might
require some customization of your CMS however.

So all that comes to my mind is some kind of CMS Text editor to style a page
in realtime with javascript wich is later saved into the CMS with it's
corresponding styles.

The most structured way would be for the user to create style classes and
apply them to nodes.
You could hide the complexity by allowing only certain style attributes to
change, like background and font color on the root of the page and so on.

After creating and appyling those css classes they would need to be saved in
the CMS and incorporated into the output. For example by dynamically
creating style tags in your CMS Template from your Database.
With the appropriate backend implementation you could also create css files
dynamically and include them in the appropriate pages.

Editing dojo styles directly (change existing css files) is rather complex
even for me and I wouldn't recommend CMS authors to edit them or add to them
directly.

Since I don't see the whole picture yet I can't give a more precise answer.

Yours

Elfwyn