[Dojo-interest] Drop File to WebSite

Kitson Kelly kitson.kelly at asseverate.co.uk
Wed Mar 24 10:23:34 EDT 2010

As a way of interest, drop.io has a Firefox Plugin that allows the dragging
and uploading of files to the drop.io servers.  Check out http://drop.io/,
but as others have said, there is no cross-browser support for this type of
functionality.

On 24 March 2010 13:49, Simon <simon.speich at gmail.com> wrote:

> As already said, it it not possible to access with a script something
> that is dragged into the browser window. At least it was not so far.
> But with HTML5 and FF5, see
> http://www.appelsiini.net/2009/10/html5-drag-and-drop-multiple-file-upload
> for drag and drop upload, but only Firefox3.6
>

> On Mar 24, 1:56 pm, Hoopoe <hooo... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Thx Mike for your reply.Based on your reply, i can't upload file to
> server
> > even if i have the file without using a button. My aim is not to use a
> > button and i would like to upload the file if i have it directly,.
> > --

Asseverate Limited (Registration No. 6964209) is a limited company
incorporated in England and Wales with its registered office at 149A Bedford
Hill, London, SW12 9HF.