[Dojo-interest] Connect to an event on a dijit that doesn't exist...yet

Nathan Garlington garlinto at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:48:26 EST 2010

I am having trouble wiring an event to some code. The event in question is
'onApplyEdit'. The grid is loaded into a contentPane on page load, but the
code to wire up the event is located on the calling page. The connect code
exists on the page before the widget does. Is there something I need to keep
in mind when trying to connect to a widget in this way?

dojo.connect(
     dijit.byId('invoiceGrid'),
     'onApplyEdit',
     function(event) {
      	console.debug('Caught it:', event);
     }
);

I should mention that the grid renders as expected and I can click on a cell
and edit it. But without being able to capture the events, I can't propagate
the edits to the server side. Thoughts?

-----
--regards,

Nathan Garlington