[Dojo-interest] layout parsing too slow?

Michael Bannister dojo at michaelbannister.co.uk
Tue Jun 22 14:38:21 EDT 2010

On 22 June 2010 16:18, guido buecker <vanillegrobi at googlemail.com> wrote:
> HI all, maybe just another beginner question:
> i have a simple html page with just one button declared
> e.g.
> <button dojoType="dijit.form.Button"  id="dialog1button">Do
> Nothing!</button>
> if the page loads i first see the standard html button and after a short
> delay the button "transforms" into the dojo button.

I'm not familiar with how much is 'baked into' the google-hosted XD
files - but my first suggestion would be to use Firebug to have a look
at how many additional js files are being requested at page load due
to dojo.require calls.  If lots, you should look at hosting dojo
locally on your server & creating a build with all/most of your
required JS files included.

Michael