[Dojo-interest] Help needed: making the Dojo 1.5 release great

Rob Weiss j105.rob at gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 07:58:55 EDT 2010

@Dylan:

I am interested. I work 8 hours a day with Dojo developing a large
open source project. I have been keeping my notes since I am
transitioning from the C# .Net world into a more heavyweight front end
world and I will need to train my team of developers (~4) on how to
build apps using this toolkit.

I am brand new to open source development but have been a software
engineer for 20 years and I just turned 40.... I mostly focus on
scientific distributed processing, forcasting models and expert
systems, but have recently needed to put together some cool front ends
to these systems. - my boss picked Dojo, since I had no idea what to
choose.

Our project is called KARMA and it is up on Software.Forge.mil; it's
open source so if you are able to participate (proper credentials
required; ECA Cert or CAC), feel free to have a look. The app is made
up of ~60 widgets utilizing most of the toolkit's features and the
back end is LAMP. We are currently still in alpha, but looking to move
toward beta soon.

We are currently usnig 1.4.2, but I am sure that I can convince my
boss to allow us to go to 1.5. I'll ask today and hit you back off
list.

Thanks,
Rob.