[Dojo-interest] Dojox DataGrid and Internet Explorer 7 Memory Leaks

Johannes Dressie johannes.dressie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:22:14 EDT 2010

Hi,

 My last mail was bounced cause it was too big, so i don't know i you have
read the first one.

But anyway, I wonder if you have experienced memory leaks in IE7 when using
dojox datagrids.

On unload i use the method destroyRecursive() for the Datagrid widget and
when looking in the browser the grid is
removed. However when i look at the memory usage with the tool "drip" i see
leaking elements of type DIV, TH, TD
and TR. All are related to the datagrid. I don't know if i have done
something fundamentally wrong or if i have
missed something. So every time the page is reloaded new elements are
leaking. The jsonstore, gridlayout and
Datagrid is created in addOnLoad. And just one html div. So it is a very
simple grid i have used to reproduce
the error. Just three columns and a few rows.

I have tried setting attachpoints to null, i read somewhere that someone had
done that, but i think he modified
in the dojo javascript code for destroy. But that didn't work either. So in
pages with several grids the memory
is consumed fast and the user has to close the browser to release the
memory.

Could this be a case of circular reference? or a closure issue? im a bit of
a novice regarding dojo so i don't know
where to start or if this is an existing error for IE7.

The tests have been run on both windows XP and windows 7. The error seems to
disappear in IE8.

Dojo versions i have tried is 1.4.0 and 1.4.3 and the error exists in both.
The datagrid is loaded from
from a servlet.

I hope someone can point me in the right direction since it's a big problem
for the users.

Regards,

Johannes