[Dojo-interest] choice of tags when declaratively creating buttons?

John Cartwright john.c.cartwright at comcast.net
Thu Jul 23 01:22:17 EDT 2009

Hello All,

What, if any, is the difference in creating a button in markup using

e.g.

<button dojoType="dijit.form.Button">Click me too!</button>
vs.
<input dojoType="dijit.form.Button">Click me too!</input>
vs.
I understand that in the last case, using the <div> allows one to
embed a <script> element while the first two might be considered more
semantically correct and therefore perhaps degrade better.  What about
differences in using the first two forms?
Any advice on using the embedded script element instead of connecting
a function to the onclick?

Thanks for the help!

--john