[Dojo-interest] On the fly declarative mixins?

Michael Schuerig michael at schuerig.de
Thu Apr 30 18:03:41 EDT 2009

On Thursday 30 April 2009, Peter E Higgins wrote:

> >> Is something similar already possible?
>
> Nothing out of the box, but I am (as I went to implement the
> 'declarative mixin' idea) of the opinion there is very little use for
> this in the declarative sense. We seldom put forth "best practices",
> I would go so far as to say this would be bad. If you are already
> declaring the code for `my._Mixin` somewhere in javascript
> (presumably in my/_Mixin.js) why not just put the 'subclass' line in
> that file and be done with it?

Mix and match. Currently I have three different mixins for forms.[*]
They are useful independently and in combination and I don't want to
declare a new class everywhere I use one or more of them.

Michael

[*] http://github.com/mschuerig/aiki/tree/master/form
Obviously very much work in progress as I'm learning my way into Dojo.
--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael at schuerig.de
http://www.schuerig.de/michael/