[Dojo-interest] Overriding form submission even when using the Enter key

Andreas Hartmann andreas at apache.org
Thu Apr 23 10:03:58 EDT 2009

Hi everyone,

I have bound a JavaScript function to the submit button of a form,
causing the form to be submitted via an xhrPost request. However, when
the user hits "Enter" in Safari, the form is submitted the usual way.
Firefox doesn't submit the form at all when Enter is pressed.

Is there any way to prevent Safari from submitting the form when the
Enter key is pressed? Can I somehow bind my JavaScript function to the
enter key instead?

Thanks a lot in advance!

--Andreas

--