[Dojo-interest] Problems introduced with composite widgets in Dojo 1.3

Peter E Higgins dante at dojotoolkit.org
Wed Apr 8 12:48:33 EDT 2009

That could be a regression? Can you work up a small testcase showing a
TabContainer in a template not getting rendered properly? There was a
change to accommodate layout widgets embedded but not visible between
1.2 and 1.3, and this may be a side effect of that. iirc, .startup()
isn't being called until a widget is first shown, so perhaps something
is missing in calling startup along the widgetsInTemplate chain ...

I know the FloatingPane tests don't cover the case of being in a
widgetTemplate, but more importantly would like to see the TabContainer
failure.

Regards,
Peter

John Justin wrote:

> Hello,
>

> If you put a simple dojox.layout.FloatingPane with content into a
> custom widget, the floating pane won’t display. If you look into the
> DOM with Firebug, the widget is built out properly but the width and
> height computed styles applied to the top most floating pane div
> (class=dojoxFloatingPane ) and the child div (with
> class=dojoxFloatingPaneCanvas) are both  set to zero. If the widths
> and heights are set to null after the widget is built, the floating
> pane displays perfectly.
>

> The custom widget is built using dojo.declare with  widgetsInTemplate:
> true and [dijit._Widget, dijit._Templated] inherited.
>

> Same issue with width and height being set to zero for
>  dijit.layout.TabContainer inside a custom widget.
>

> This code has worked perfectly in all dojo versions prior to Dojo 1.3.
>

> The floating pane and tab container widgets work OK when built outside
> of a custom widget but not internal to a custom widget.
>

> All help and suggestions would be appreciated.
>

> Thanks for reading.
>

> John Justin

Peter E Higgins
Dojo Project Lead : http://dojotoolkit.org