[Dojo-interest] Usage dojo under iframe

Russell Jones russell.jones at careers.ox.ac.uk
Wed Apr 8 10:32:59 EDT 2009

Jon and Frank, you might be interested to look at the proposed additions
to iframe in HTML5. I'd be interested in what you make of them and if
you have any other ideas for how the tag could be further improved.

http://web5.w3.org/TR/html5/embedded-content-0.html#the-iframe-element

I guess the main thing with iframes is to realise the constraints they
impose as well as the benefits, and to at least consider other ways of
accomplishing the task at hand. For instance, IIRC, a subclass of the
ContentPane can be set to load a page from a URL, either when parsed or
dynamically, converting the content of the body tag to an HTML fragment.
I forget how the content of the head tag is handled.

Russell Jones