[Dojo-interest] how to use OR operator in fetching data from store

Anthony Fryer apfryer at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 28 04:01:39 UTC 2008

It depends on the store you are using and where the source of your data is.  I needed OR functionality a while ago and the source of my data was a database, so  I ended up implementing my own store that uses SQL syntax in the query attribute of the fetch method so I can pass that straight through to the backend database.

In some enviornments it is a bit of a security risk (passing sql queries directly)  but for me the functionality is worth it and the app is used in a secure environment anyway.  So depending on where you get your data from this might be an option for you.