[Dojo-interest] Large Dojo Application Design

Matthew Shirey mshirey at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 01:33:04 UTC 2008

You hit one of my main problems, which is how to ask the right question.  I
know there is no "right" way to create a large dojo based application, but I
would assume that there are some commonly used conventions.  I'll need a
design that is fairly modular.  I don't need 3000+ line monolithic
JavaScript files.  I guess I just don't know where to start.  All of the
examples and tutorials out there are based on single pages with narrow
functionality, not large applications.  I'm actually having the same issues
with Flex.  Flex seems well suited to single interfaces with narrow
functionality, but every time an application gets to a certain size it just
starts to become monolithic mess.  I know this is just my limited experience
in these areas.  I just need a direction for next steps.

I'll try to come up with more specific questions and in the mean time, I'll
re-read the sections of the book I referenced.  I've already been through it
a few times, but maybe another run through will clear it up at least a
little more.

-- Matthew