[Dojo-interest] Advice wanted regarding IE and "operation aborted" error

Jette Derriche jni at nerdgirl.dk
Tue Aug 26 07:40:32 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 09:44 -0400, Kenton Smeltzer wrote:
> Are you using any type of onload to start the execution of your
> javascript? If not try attaching an onload delagate to dojo.addOnLoad
> and doing all of your javascript set up in that method. you can take a
> look at this article for more detail on why it happens:
>
> http://weblogs.asp.net/infinitiesloop/archive/2006/11/02/Dealing-with-IE-_2600_quot_3B00_Operation-Aborted_2600_quot_3B002E00_-Or_2C00_-how-to-Crash-IE.aspx

I did stumble upon this article while surfing for a solution, but the
subject he talks about, does not seem to be the case for me.
The page has been working fine in IE6, but adding this line in the head,
messed it up:

require("dojo.Tooltip");

I'm not actually using tooltips on the page in question, but loading it
and not using it, should not cause the error ;-)

I'll have to debug this some more, to find out exactly what is going on
with IE6 in this case.

Thank you for your efforts :-)... when I do find the solution, I'll post
it. I am waiting for my boss to turn up with his computer, so I can have
a closer look at it. Unfortunately I only have ies4linux (IE6 with Wine)
and it does not produce the error - it works fine.

Another odd thing is, that our website has 9000 Danish users and around
500 swedish users, and only the swedish IE6 users have reported this
problem... I am afraid this is going to be a tough one to solve :-/

/Jette