[Dojo-interest] dijit editor form submit

Werner Punz werner.punz at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 09:48:52 UTC 2008

Hello everyone
I am tryint to initialize the editor on an existing text area
programmatically.
So far things work well:

<textarea name="testform:editor" width="200px" height="100px"
id="testform:editor2" style="width: 200px; height:
200px">editorvalue</textarea>
<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
    dojo.require('dijit.Editor');
    var testform_editor_dojoControl = new
dijit.Editor({name:'testform:editor2'}, dojo.byId('testform:editor2'));
testform_editor_dojoControl.startup();
//-->
</script>

So far the control is shown I can edit internally
but as soon as I want to submit the outer form where the editor resides
the value is lost.
The editor does not seem to push its values into the form.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is there.
This method seems to work on all other controls, but not on the editor.

Werner