[Dojo-interest] public dojo.Uri

Wolfram Kriesing wolfram.kriesing at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:09:15 UTC 2008

There is a tiny utility that needs some love in dojo,
so I would like to get some votes/hints/etc on it to know
what shall be the next steps.

http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/5548 states very well
   "Given the how central URLs are to the web, it seems
   like dojo._Url should not be a private constructor."

And in parallel I had created another ticket
http://trac.dojotoolkit.org/ticket/6175
which in the latest implementation extends dojo._Url
and provides dojo.Uri, that offers the following functionalities
(where some are of course "borrowed" form dojo._Url)

* URL parsing and providing access to the parts of it via
  properties: scheme, host, port, path, fileName, query, ...
* allows to change parts of the URL and toString() it again
* support for relative URL's
* make a URL absolute isAbsolute(), getAbsolute("hostname", port)
* parse the query and provide the property as an object, for interacting
  with like: url.query.foo

looking forward to input, to get this tiny thing done :-)

--
cu

Wolfram