[Dojo-interest] what changed in 0.4.2rc1 for custom xdomain builds ?

Roberto Saccon rsaccon at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 23:29:15 MST 2007

On 2/18/07, James Burke <jburke at dojotoolkit.org> wrote:

> On 2/17/07, Roberto Saccon <rsaccon at gmail.com> wrote:
> > James, thanks for your in-deep explanations and investigations.
> >
> > To make it short, my custom widget are currently all in the custom
> dojo.js.
> > I created a test page where I separated  just one of my custom widgets,
> > which contains stuff updating a content pane, and it worked as expected.
> > Therefore, I am pretty sure now that the problems are related to my app
> and
> > not to xdomain, but just appeared at the surface with dojo release
> 0.4.2rc1.
> >
> > One last note: The beauty of widgets is that you can use them (in
> > non-xdomain) without any require statement. If we loose that capability
> for
> > xdomain builds, that is confusing. Wouldn't it make sense (or do you
> plan)
> > to add this "auto-loading" capability to widget parsing /
> initialiization
> > for xdomain ?
>
> Yes, I would like to support it.

Great !

However, from what I can tell right
> now, loading the manifest is a synchronous operation, and splitting
> the widget parsing step into two steps, with the second step being run
> asynchronously after the manifest loads, might be a too much of an
> invasive change for 0.4.2. But I will be looking at the issue.

btw. the error

  dojo.widget.Parse: error: Permission denied to call method
XMLHttpRequest.open

was caused by the Toaster widget, and it is not related to xdomain, because
with the  code from the official test case  and  the ajax xdomain webbuild
it  worked fine, but using my own xdomain custom build  and the same test
page I got this error.

--
Roberto Saccon