[Dojo-interest] Re: Dojo 0.41 in IE : gfx images move when another gfx shape is drawn outside of the surface area.

Eugene Lazutkin eugene.lazutkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:53:27 MST 2007

This is a well-known problem. SVG clips everything on its "surface"
boundary, while VML draws everything happily outside of a "surface"
dynamically modifying its geometry. There is no work-around for that,
and I don't think MS is going to fix VML any time soon --- from IE6 to
IE7 we saw a reduction in supported features. I suggest to do it in the
application layer, e.g., don't allow users to draw shapes outside of a
surface. It is a certifiable P.I.T.A., but it works.

Thanks,

Eugene