[Dojo-interest] DocBook and XMLmind XML Editor

Daniel daniel.carrera at zmsl.com
Fri Dec 7 21:59:50 UTC 2007

Kirby Files wrote:
>> http://sourceforge.net/projects/diffmk/
>
> I'm always interested in XML differencing algorithms, so I checked out
> DiffMk. Yikes, this doesn't look like a winner.

:-(

Thank you for taking a look. I really appreciate the help. I'm glad that
there's someone on this list who knows about XML-diff.

> I really like the "xml algebra" approach of the XML Operator:
>
> http://www.living-pages.de/de/projects/xop/
> xop new.xml - old.xml > diff.xml

Do you think it would work well for us? What does the output diff.xml
look like? Is it something a human could read to figure out where the
changes are?

For example, suppose that I have a long chapter written in DocBook and
someone goes through it to fix all my grammar and spelling errors. He
also changes a few un-clear explanations by something clearer.  What
would diff.xml look like in this scenario?

You are the local expert on this, so I'm eager to hear any info you can
share with me.

Cheers,
Daniel.